Freitag, 19. Mai 2017

[SPIKE] Lots of food and a strong military

Oh, I can type my thoughts down here? Great, because I don't talk ^^

Let me just get a snack before I show you my game

(Though I would never eat my sister, this was just for fun ^^)

Here's my first city, I love just how much food there is. ^^
There's fish, clam, cows, wheat and snow hares all within reach of my first city, I can't decide what to eat first!

I'd like to know more about my land so I'm building a scout. My people will need as much food as they can get so I'm researching agriculture now. Can build farms with them. The wheat needs a farm ^^

As for my leader (Boudicca/Celtic) and civ (Korea), I'm kinda happy but I didn't get my favourite trait which is philosophic. Well, I got aggressive and charismatic. Aggressive isn't really one of my favourites (4% odds). I'm not so keen on fighting though I usually have to at some point, especially if the other players don't leave enough space for me to expand. Well, charismatic is a strong military trait as well but I like the additional happiness so much. (17% odds, which is second highest after philosophic)

Well, just a very rough explanation of what these traits mainly do...

AGG: Units are cheaper, cost less maintenance and can be upgraded anywhere. I also get a free promotion that gives my units additional movement after attacking/pillaging so they can get out of harm's way, I guess. Also, I get more money for conquering cities. I guess I should eventually try to do that then...

CHA: As I said, all of my cities start with 2 extra happiness which is especially helpful at the beginning of the game since your cities can get bigger. Aside from that, there's a 25% chance of defection. So, I might get the units of my enemy if I defeat them. They come with a -25% strength malus though (which can be removed when they upgrade/promote) and without any health. Also, if my units win, they get a free Bravery medal which gives them +1 strength in total. There's a small chance to get such a medal randomly and the odds increase with every medal a unit earns. (up to 5 can be earned)

My civ also has a war-related benefit, I think I will really need to play more aggressive than I usually do... I really like it though, since I like trying to get as many Great Persons as I can. I get some points for them when I win a fight... in all cities!

Now my special units and buildings...

Normal Grenadiers only have a bonus against Riflemen, this one has +50% attack against ALL gunpowder units though only when it attacks.
 The Hwacha is an improved catapult with additional boni against melee units like Axe- and Swordsmen.
A very strong medieval ship. It addition to having more strength and a defense bonus, it can also bombard coastal cities like a siege weapon.
My special building comes later in the game. It looks like it's quite a bit cheaper to build and it gives additional 3 research as opposed to the regular University.

Let's see how we're doing and who our neighbors are. Hopefully none of my friends, I don't want to attack them this early in the game...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen