Dienstag, 9. Mai 2017

[CERA] I HATE tundra but I'll win this anyway!!!

Hi, are you here to see how I beat my friends at this game again? Are you? Good. If you aren't, you better run fast! The least I need is somebody who tells these losers about my schemes! *humpff*

First of all, I HATE tundra!!!
The city's okay but, seriously, why do I always have to start in tundra?! It's annoying! I mean, it's much better than in the original game [tundra was only worth 1 food in the original game as well as in the BeyondtheSword Expansion while it got an additional "hammer" in the BASE mod which makes it equal to plains, though you can only build certain improvements on tundra. I'll explain that later once it becomes relevant and Cera has her first worker :)] but, still... *grr*

Anyway, this was the best place for the city. I don't need to explain that, you can believe me 'cuz I'm the best at this game. Threehorns are the best at everything! 
[Cera is greatly understimating how good her first city actually is. She'll probably find out soon. 6 resources (once her culture spreads, that is) is a lot! She's off to a great start there ;)]

Anyway, I decided to build a warrior 'cuz scouts are too weak imo! They can't even defend a city and can't attack, I don't like them (though they're faster...). Decision for research was tough but I decided to go for Fishing first. Looks like I'll have some clam and pearls on the sea so I'll build a few work boats as soon as I can (that's what I need Fishing for after all!) 

I actually got a pretty decent leader imo! You can all read the stuff on the left, can you?

[Cera's not very keen on explaining stuff, it seems :P

She's playing as the Ottoman Empire. As you can see in the picture above, her units can fortify instantly (If units aren't moved, they "fortify" which earns them 5% defensive bonus each turn until a maximum of 25% is reached). She's also got a pretty interesting synergy with her "imperialistic" trait (read Littlefoot's recent post for the explanation of that one since he's got it as well), gaining more XP for victorious fight in enemy land (which works very well with the +100% XP her [IMP]erialistic trait already gives her :D).
On top of that, she gets a bonus on two late medieval military technologies.

Since you've already seen seen the IMP trait explained by Littlefoot (the odds for Cera were 15% btw which was her favourite trait followed by a few with slightly lower odds) I'll continue straight with the [POP]ulistic one :)

That one is a bit complicated (it's not part of the traits you can get in the original game either). Guess a list works best here... (odds at 9% for Cera)

  • You can build National Wonders twice. In the game, there are some buildings that can only be build once because of their unique strength (and the costs are rather high accordingly). On the one hand, there are "world wonders" (eg. the Hanging Gardens of Babylon) which can be build only once world-wide by any player who gets it first. On the other hand, there are "national wonders" which can be build once by every player. Unless you're a populist of course ;) The second time you build a national wonder though is a little bit more expensive.
  • Occasionally, any city that's happy and at least at the size of 8 (POP 8 is a common way to say that btw) may have a celebration for their leader. While normal leaders don't need to pay any maintenance in that very city for that turn, populist leaders can get them any time in any city with higher odds (at least I think so?) and they actually get a random amount of money (which depends somewhat on the city-size though). If a populist leader starts a Golden Age (I'll explain that one whenever we get the chance to start one :)), every city has such a celebration --> money!!! :P
  • (this is THE reason why this is among my favourite traits :D)
    POP leaders can spend money on units. If they do, the unit gets a "populist" promotion. If a unit with populist promotion is killed, it respawns in some of your cities with a certain amount of XP (I not sure how these are calculated though I doubt you'd keep it in mind anyway xD). In other words, it's pretty much impossible to lose as long as you have enough money to make your units respawn again and again :)
  • Last but not least, you can build a certain national wonder quicker (most traits have such a little addition in BASE btw) and cause more war weariness in your enemies' cities (of course, people don't like being at war so they get unhappy at some point)
Alright, got that done, back to Cera, I guess? ^^]

Well, I really like my traits because they're all good for attacking other people. *smirks* I'll also get to expand rather fast. Guess I'd better do a damn good job at it before the others take my lands! *humpff!*

Anyway, here's a quick overview about my special stuff. Except for the building, all of the stuff comes later but I'll be damned if that *** [insert insult for a Longneck here] beats me before it comes to that! *humpff*

 [Musketmen are units of the late Middle Ages. Cera's version of it gets some boni against some unit categories. Pretty strong unit tbh]
[This unit replaces the Knight (same age as the previous unit as well as the unit below). It got a similar effect than the janissary above, receiving boni against some unit categories though with a slightly lower basic strength than a normal Knight. It seems like it can also move through any terrain without losing movement points at all. (some tiles like a hill, a forest/jungle cost 2 movement points as well as crossing rivers until a certain technology. When you build a road, though, the effect is no longer in place)] 
[This one is cool too. The Bombard is a Siege Weapon btw. In comparison to the regular Bombard, its city attack is higher]

[The Hammam replaces the Aqueduct (late classic building). This building has an additional effect of causing some additional happiness (in addition to the health bonus) as well as giving some boost to the healing of units (yes, units can heal thank god :D Though it highly depends on where they are and what promotions they have how lang that takes ^^)

Back to Cera...]

That's it for now. Ya better don't tell any of this to my friends. I have a dad, he'll crush you!!!

Once there's actually something to do, I'll update this. Remember to return to the winner's story!





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen