Montag, 22. Mai 2017

[ALI] A good start

Hello, I'm Ali. I'm a bit shy but that's alright. My friends asked me to play in their new game of Civ 4 while I'm over there at the Great Valley so I agreed. I'm sure this will be fun

My friend Littlefoot told me a bit how this game works, I hope I can do it right and win the game with him. He's so handsome, trust me. I wish I could always be with him and his friends sometimes but my herd keeps moving around... anyway, let's see how our start looks like. Littlefoot already said that there are more than enough resources in this map...

Wow, my land is really cool. I think this is the best place for my first city since there are the most resources.

I was lucky to start with Fishing so I can build my special version of a work boat right from the start. I think I should improve the two water tiles first. I can't reach them yet but the borders will expand in a few turns and then I can. I decided to research Animal Husbandry first because I see a lot of resources around my city that I can only use with this technology... like the sheep right north of my city.

I'm playing the Polynesians. It's probably a good thing I started right at the water. See, most of their advantages are linked to water... But their special ability is not. Buildings are cheaper in my capital and once I built them in my capital, they'll also be cheaper in the rest of my new cities.

[Ali got two traits we've already seen so I'll skip the explaining for once xD]

I think my traits are okay. [Kamehameha I who happens to be a Polynesian leader. Ali got the right civilization against all odds :P] Financial [11% odds] helps my economy and Protective [5% odds] helps me if I'm being attacked.

This is what my first city is building right now. It's a cheaper work boat with additional movement. A pretty useful unit I'd say.

The Koa Warrior is a Broadswordsman with more movement which has an additional attack per turn. It can also be built sooner since it only requires one technology instead of two.

Units get a penalty for crossing river/attacking from the water but this unit is actually stronger when attacking from water. It's a unit of the Renaissance so I'll have to wait quite a bit but, eventually, I might start an invasion from the sea.

This building is really helpful because it gives some production in addition and it can be built really early. Only in coastal cities, but still...

Well, I think I can work with that. Let's just hope Littlefoot is nearby so we can work together against the others.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen